Hi dearest friends! I’m currently sitting wrapped in my cozy robe, looking outside at the pouring rain. Yes, it’s pouring in Sacramento at the moment and I couldn’t be more grateful as our state desperately needs more rain.
I want to share my thoughts with you on SUNDAYS. What does a typical sunday look like for you? If you’re like most of the Christian folks then it’s probably the most hectic morning of the week. Get up, make breakfast, feed the kids, clean up after them, wash them up, get them dressed, get yourself dressed, don’t forget to bring snacks for the baby and as you’re about to leave the house you stop to give your little baby another diaper change because he or she just had another accident…. 🙂 You get in the car with a sigh of relief as you look at your watch and you’re only 10 minutes late. Sound about right ? I’m sure most moms said “YES” and they can even add more to the list. Let’s just say it’s not a very calm and peaceful morning.
Our church service starts at 2:00 pm which gives us plenty of time to have a peaceful Sunday Morning. As much as I dislike the fact that church is literally in the middle of the day I’ve grown to appreciate the quiet morning time that I have with the Lord. We are currently working really hard on creating Sunday Traditions at our home that help us devote our day to God because we feel like if we’re not going to be intentional about it we simply loose track of time and our day seems to be all over the place.
Here are a few things that we are making a priority and a custom at the Khryukin family household on a Sunday. And trust me, our routine isn’t perfect but we are working on devoting this specific day to our Lord. Even though some mornings might start with crying or kids not feeling well, we try to make the best of the situation and do what we can while taking care of our children’s needs.
- Morning Bible Devotion : this means that the first thing we do this day is have our quiet morning devotional time with Jesus in prayer. It might look different for us all and it can happen at different times. For instance, David and I wake up around 7:00 am each morning and both of us bring our bible and journal to the table where we read and pray together while we enjoy a cup of tea and warm toast with raspberry jam. Raspberry jam is a must for sunday mornings 🙂 Roman and Eloise don’t wake up until later and that’s when they start their devotional time ( they’re still working on making it a tradition 😉 )
- Sunday Morning is the day we all eat breakfast together as a family and no, raspberry jam toast doesn’t count as breakfast 😉 lol
- We all get ready for church together and NO WHINING ALLOWED.
- Television and iPads are OFF FOR THE DAY! There are absolutely no movies or cartoons allowed on Sundays.
- Spend the evening with friends or family either at our home or theirs.
- End the day with a family prayer and reading the Bible out loud with the kids.
Is Sunday a special day at your house? Or maybe you keep Saturdays holy. Do you have any traditions and customs? I’d love to hear your thoughts on this subject.
I pray you all have a blessed week and I’ll be back here on Wednesday!